Notes From the Author

I hope to use this blog as a diary of sorts, in order to document my quest of perfecting my skills. Areas that I am particularly fond of include: photography, gardening, cooking - baking -canning, painting - sketching and of course writing. Like so many others, the word 'perfection' haunts me. I strive to reach it daily not truly knowing what it is or how to achieve it. Yet, I won't settle for less. Here is my blog showing my struggles and my hopeful successes. I don't need to be perfect but I must try to ascertain it.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Nature's Way

I'm having a bad day.  My problems have forced me to ask myself tough questions.  Love one's have hurt me and betrayed my trust but with deeper examination - the fault is all mine.

Hurt.  I decided to take a friend's advice and put my emotions and thoughts to poetry.

So sitting on a bench at the park, I took out my every-present notebook and wrote:


I have found the magic in the everyday
Seen the glitter in the sun's rays
Heard the whispered stories of the leaves
But all it has brought me is regret

It is time to grow up. 

I've learned this too late
Nature has a way
and I've tarried too long

With my new philosophy on paper I took a deep breath readying myself to become the new me but as I looked at the ground I spied a fairy wing.  I picked it up examining the delicate appendage.  The old me marveled as the sun's brilliance transformed the glass-like wing into iridescence splendor. The new me argued, 'that's not a fairy wing.  You've studied entomology and you know it's a cicada wing - Time to grow up."  But then a deeper voice questioned why the wing was there - upon the ground -at that very moment.

Nature has a way.







No comments:

Post a Comment