Notes From the Author

I hope to use this blog as a diary of sorts, in order to document my quest of perfecting my skills. Areas that I am particularly fond of include: photography, gardening, cooking - baking -canning, painting - sketching and of course writing. Like so many others, the word 'perfection' haunts me. I strive to reach it daily not truly knowing what it is or how to achieve it. Yet, I won't settle for less. Here is my blog showing my struggles and my hopeful successes. I don't need to be perfect but I must try to ascertain it.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Secret Treasure of Buffalo Jump

Archaeological student at Nebraska's Badlands
Almost twenty years ago, a novice group of archaeological students enrolled for field-school through the University of Nebraska.  The course seemed innocent enough but soon those thirteen students learned that the Badlands of Western Nebraska are no ordinary place.  The following is an account of their summer field-school.  Names have been changed, details are embellished, but most of the facts are accurate because I was one of those students.


Somewhere near Crawford Nebraska 600 bodies mysteriously died.  Many expert archaeologists have theorized about the origin of the Hudson Meng bonebed but in 1996 thirteen students made a discovery which science isn't willing to explain.  I have been sworn under oath of death to remain silent about what was discovered that summer.  I can, however, disclose a grand scheme of clues which will be left with the bodies of, at least but not limited to, three of the students.  If you are interested in solving the mystery, continue to check this blog and my facebook page for further details.  We are still working on our next course of action--unsure of how to continue but we have decided that the treasure should belong to the world.  It is not ours to keep.


2 comments:

  1. Grew up in Nebraska now live in eastern Wyoming, less than two hours to Fort Robinson. Looking forward to following your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you know how strange and awesome that region of Nebraska can be. I'm excited to share our adventure but I'm waiting on a couple of my fellow conspirators--hopefully, we'll have something soon. Thanks.

      Delete