Notes From the Author

I hope to use this blog as a diary of sorts, in order to document my quest of perfecting my skills. Areas that I am particularly fond of include: photography, gardening, cooking - baking -canning, painting - sketching and of course writing. Like so many others, the word 'perfection' haunts me. I strive to reach it daily not truly knowing what it is or how to achieve it. Yet, I won't settle for less. Here is my blog showing my struggles and my hopeful successes. I don't need to be perfect but I must try to ascertain it.

Friday, September 19, 2014

A Tribute to Cabo

Famous Cabo Arch
Cabo San Lucas has a magic all its own.  A celestial epicenter where the mighty Pacific danced with a mystical desert to birth a paradox environment, a "tropical" desert.  Add to the recipe, the Sea of Cortes and majestic mountains, speak the magic incantation, and BAM - Cabo.

Even the ancient people who inhabited the desert viewed Cabo as a supernatural place.  Cave drawings depict mountain tops graced with dragonflies, the embodiment of resurrection.

Ten years ago I was drawn to its magic and found myself addicted to its beauty from the first moment.  Over the course of a decade, I've watched the city bloom like a desert flower and have fallen in love with its people.  The people are as lovely as the land.  Hardworking and generous, they embrace everyone with welcome and so it was with a heavy heart I received the news about the category three hurricane.

I know both the land and the people of Cabo are resilient and strong.  And like the dragonfly myth, they will rise again but until such time my thoughts and heart are with them.  All I can do is share the beauty of the land I love with my words and my photos:

Cave of the god
Near the arch, there is a cave, it is said that one of the gods of old resides inside and at certain times the shine of his eyes can be seen radiating from its depths.

Lover's Beach is dominated by powerful megaliths.
The Queen and her Court
Dragon's Claw

The wild Pacific embraces the nurturing Sea of Cortes where marine life flourishes.  Whales, dolphins, crabs, seals, fish of every color play below the lulling waves.
Mighty Pacific shapes the land

Blue whale and her Calf leave the nursery
Lazy Lion soaking in the sun
Enchanting sunsets fade into magical nights...
Spellbinding twilight 

Moonlight magic




A land of Enchantment
For a more complete photo album, visit my google plus profile and view my 'Remembering Cabo' album.


No comments:

Post a Comment