Notes From the Author

I hope to use this blog as a diary of sorts, in order to document my quest of perfecting my skills. Areas that I am particularly fond of include: photography, gardening, cooking - baking -canning, painting - sketching and of course writing. Like so many others, the word 'perfection' haunts me. I strive to reach it daily not truly knowing what it is or how to achieve it. Yet, I won't settle for less. Here is my blog showing my struggles and my hopeful successes. I don't need to be perfect but I must try to ascertain it.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Magic of Friendship

I share a special bond with my eight year old niece and so, when she told me how one of the girls in her class had publicly announced, 'My Little Ponies are stupid', I knew she was crushed by the possibly purposeful comment. Together, my niece and I have watched every episode of the Lauren Faust creation, enjoying our favorite pony characters as they discover the Magic of Friendship (a lesson I think most girls her age could benefit from).

I am blessed with a handful of close - true friends and my niece knows how important they are to me.  She longs to find deep meaningful friendships of her own but so often she faces catty negativity.

OK, in all fairness, I am a product of Generation X so I may be filled with sarcasm and have a bad habit of finding everything -- especially inappropriate things humorous but, I have compassion, and so does my niece.  I hope she will remain the kindhearted, spirited, girl I love.  May she empower her passion for life, art and nature and not hide it to gain popularity.  After all, true friends love us for who we are.

Like the brilliantly written series, I think we all can use a little Magic of Friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment